Ecotourism - Case Colomba
Erice ......in order to more know some
The origins than this splendid medioevale citizen is ancient and mysterious. The first traces go back to the neolithic one, while the legend wants that the city has been founded from Erice, mythical son of Venere and Bute, king of the Elimi in the farthest age.
And it is with the Elimi that has the first news of Erice, main religious center of of all the people of the Mediterranean. he Elimi, with the Cartaginesi, erected the dedicated sanctuary to Bystander (the Venere of the Roman) and subsequently they introduced the sacred prostituzione from the lerodule, the beautifulst ones sacerdotesse of the goddess of the fecundity.
The goddess to protect also the channel between Erice and Cartagine (in the pressed ones of odierna the Tunisi) for the sailors whom they give far away noticed the fire that it burned in the sacred building and that served also from guideline.
And it is for its strategic position that the Elimi tiniest fortress built up one, contesa from the Fenici, Greeks, Cartaginesi and Romani, that it transformed the city, together to Enna and Siracusa, in one of best the fortresses of the island.
But with the advent of the Roman the city began a slow decline that protrasse also under the Bizantini and the Arabs (that they called Erice Gebel-Hamed).
With the Normanni Erice taken the Saint Mount name Giuliano (that it maintained until 1936) in honor of the Saint who the Conte Ruggero had seen in dream during besieges of the rocca and began one new phase of pr0sperity that continued also under Svevi, Angioini and Aragonesi.
These centuries were to the standard of a standard of living many high thanks to the proceeds of agriculture, the pastorizia and from the handicraft. In fact its diocese divenne, with Monreale and Siracusa, between the more large and powerful of the Sicily and cities were enriched of churches and palaces forming therefore put into effect it them urbanistico face.
This prosperity had aim towards the ' 700 when, with the Borboni, Trapani came elevated to load with head-valley making to less come the proceeds that had rendered healthy Erice. That obligated the city, its diocese and the library, to sell many of its healthy possedimenti to the principles sicialian.
For living totally the incantesimo of this citizen we advise to leave the Grammatical car Public square and to enter from the main income of the city that is
Door Trapani. The door, revolt towards Trapani, it made part of the elimo-puniche fortifications whose it walls snodano for 700 meters until Door Sword where there is a place of medioevale guard.
Turn on the left can be caught up the Church Mother entitled to the Vergine Assumed and made to construct from Federico of Aragon in XIV the century but subsequently re-adaptation. The church is preceded from a poderoso bell tower, coevo to the church, originally a tower of lookout-post while the porch laughed them to 1426 while the merlons are anch' they of recent invoice.
ontinuing for via Chiaromonte it is possible to then visit the former Monastero of the SS Salvatore,
Chiaromonte Palace, constructed between the ' 200 and the ' 300 and, crossing Run Vittorio Emanuele, to catch up piazzetta Saint Martino where the church rises omonima that was erected at the beginning of XVIII the century, on the situated one of a chiesetta normanna, and from whose inside can be approached the refined oratory of the Congregation of the Purgatorio of style rococÚ.
In the immediate vicinities the Church of Saint Carl, built up is found to first of the ' 600. The annexed convent was famous in how much accommodated the monache of clausura that, until little years ago, the dolcetti sold prepare to you ancient prescriptions second.
Today the former convent is center from the Salernitana, international center of artistic and cultural promotion and interesting center extensions.
Continuing for via Rome they catch up before the
Garden of the Beam, devised in the 1878 from conte the Pepoli and therefore it calls to you in honor of governor normanno Bajulo, and subsequently the
Castle of Venere, saying also of the governor, going back to the Normanni that built up it on the ruins of the Sanctuary of Venere.
Medioevali Tower constituted the outpost of the Castle, which building were joined from poderose
curtains. They were partially reconstructed in the half of the past century for will of the conte To Pepoli which the edificazione of the
Pepoli Turret must also.
Finished to the visit covering the way Gervasi and the way Cusenza the Church of Saint Giovanni Batiste, that it then dominates to a precipice and the Church of Saint Cataldo to whose inside is a crocifisso ligneo thought miraculous.
To short distance erge the Church of Saint Peter, today center of the E.Majorana center, from which it can be caught up, covering via Salerno, the center of the citizen where erge the Municipal Palace where the Museum and the Communal Library have center.
This last one is rich of 11.000 volumes, 300 manuscripts of the ' 600 and the ' 700, antichi archives documents and 10 precious incunaboli. The museum has, instead, between its strong pieces a group marmoreao of To Gagini (1525), representing the Annunciation, a testina of going back Aphrodite to the IV sec. a.C. and the rarest "pintadera", stamp used in the neoliticoper to imprimere suallap elle designs ornaments them.
Finished the visit they deserve also of being visited the graceful '700 Church of Saint Teresa, the Church of the Carmine and the Military Palace, both quattrocenteschi, and the Church of Sant' Orsola or the Addolorata that it guards the groups of the Mysteries realizes to you in the ' 700 and reproducing episodes of the passion of Christ.
Up to date : 10 Jamuary 2011
Web site designed and mainteined by Fabio Bertolazzi
text & foto by Fabio Bertolazzi
Copyright Baglio Case Colomba © 2001-2013